Youtube SEO 2020:Adding Channel Keywords
In this article I would like to talk with you about one strategy that is incredibly underestimated and most people don’t actually do this and that is adding keywords to their channel.
- Now you probably think right now which kind of keywords are those the keywords that I get to my videos are these keywords that I add automatically whenever I upload a video and know these are keywords that characterize your YouTube channel and you might be saying right now I have never heard of those and these are actually always there and if there’s no keyword added to your channel, of course, it’s quite difficult for YouTube then to put your channel in a box to say alright your channel is about let’s say making money online or your channel is about learning Hindi or your channel is about let’s say unboxing or whatever.
How to add Channel Keywords?
- So what you got to do is you have to go into your settings and then you’ve got to add keywords to your channel.
- So just has to settings in your YouTube account and afterward CLICK ON CHANNEL click on basic info and then you’re going to find this right here and it’s going to say keywords at keywords to your channel.
Now think about these keywords
- What I would recommend you to do is I would go back into the Increase 10x your CPM & Improve Your Video ranking. Well we talked about the most expensive keywords there are a couple of keywords that people or in this case actually advertisers pay a lot of money for in order for other people to see Increase 10x your CPM & Improve Your Video ranking about just that.
- What I would do is I would take a couple of these keywords and I would put them in here so that YouTube knows that your channel is exactly about that. That is an easy way to increase your CPM but also at the same time I would add the keywords that this channel is really about where you for instance make videos about all the time.
- So take a couple of these keywords that match your channel which is very very profitable and then take the keywords that you feel most comfortable with the keywords that you think really characterize your YouTube channel.
- Now, of course, you don’t necessarily have to take keywords which are very profitable you can go with only keywords that are characterizing in your channel but it’s an easy way to increase your CPM if you use keywords which are very profitable and that advertisers pay a lot of money for in order for other people to see videos about exactly that.
- It’s basically you know matching two things with each other These advertisers and they’ll be matched with you and you’re the most likely person to actually receive these ads because your channel is about exactly that topic.
- And if you also at these keywords to every single video that you upload then, of course, it’s much more likely that you’re going to see you’ve received these incredibly high paying ads.
- Now I would recommend you to add as many keywords as possible as long as YouTube allows you to do this like keep adding keywords at a certain point.
- YouTube is going to tell you that you cannot put in any more keywords. Use as many as you an and then YouTube will be you know it will be easier for YouTube.
- Also from an advertising perspective to put you into a box and then your channel will hopefully be found much more easily when people look for a certain search term.
watch the video for more info:
Thank you so much for reading and I hope we can see each other in the next one.