Youtube SEO: Like and Dislikes & Their Effect on the Ranking of Your Video
- Take a couple of seconds to look at these different videos right here or at least at the stats of these videos and then think about this issue and think about which kind of video will have the best ranking is it gonna be the one with 500 likes and dislikes. Is it gonna be the one with 250 likes and 250 dislikes or is it going to be the one with no likes and five hundred dislikes?
- I assume that a lot of you might say well the video number one with 500 likes that’s the best one I think some of you might say video to something in between maybe they’re ranking quite similarly or I think you know a couple of you might also be saying video number three but that would be ridiculous right.
No all videos rank exactly the same way they rank exactly the same way because we get the exact number ( youtube creates likes and dislikes in the same manner )
- So if you receive love dislikes that’s no problem.
- Sometimes you might have the problem that there is a bot Disliking your videos and of course this might have a negative psychological effect on people. For instance, watching your videos and these people are going to say well this person is not very trustworthy or is not creating good content because every single video is let’s say like 10 15 20 dislikes or something like that but just based from like based on the algorithm it should actually doesn’t like it shouldn’t.
- It should matter because at the end of the day you receive a lot of you know action below the video. So there’s a lot of actions taken below the video and a lot of people for instance click like and a lot of people click dislike. So in this case for instance every video would rank exactly the same way.
- It does really matter how many likes we have it doesn’t matter how many dislikes we have as long as the number, in general, is high. Of course the more likes and dislikes you have the better. So, for instance, you cannot compare let’s say a video with 500 likes with a video with one like or you can compare that say a video with 150 likes and 150 dislikes with a video with 10 likes and 10 dislikes. The more you have the better like the more you like the more likes the more dislikes you have the better.
Let’s see another example
- I think this might again be a bit counter-intuitive it is video number three because the number is the highest
- In this case if you for instance add up video #1 that’s 2002 actions that are happening below the video. Then video #2 600 + 600 = 1200 and then video #3 0+ 4000 =4000 so video number three is gonna be the one that ranks the best of course what you can do and always in order to get more likes is to ask people to leave like on your video but if they only dislike it’s pretty much the same thing.
- Now if for instance you were selling something in your video and you say Buy this or go on the video description and do that and people, for instance, go in the video description and they see love dislikes that probably has a negative effect but if you just look at from the perspective of the algorithm then it doesn’t matter how many likes and dislikes you haven’t only met us that you have a lot of them.
watch out this video for more info:
According to the Youtube algorithm, the likes and dislikes are treated in the same manner so its also good to get dislikes instead of nothing (something is better than nothing)